Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Eye Opener: Environmental Working Group

Right away I was interested in how this eye opener would turn out. So, I went to this site, and thought of a cosmetic item I use a lot. I don't wear a lot of makeup or really do much to my face/skin, but I do wear Maybelline Colossal Volume Express mascara every day. So I searched that, to no results. So I moved on to the next thing I wear often but not always: Loreal Paris True Match foundation/cover-up. This did have results, but none of them have very much information. But, I clicked on the one closest to what I use and looked at the results. Here they are. It scored a 4 (I assume out of 10), which isn't terrible, but the data is also limited. Some the high concerns were: Endocrine disruption, Persistence and bioaccumulation, Multiple, additive exposure sources, Irritation (skin, eyes, or lungs), Contamination concerns. Most of these just sound scientific and scary to me, so I wish they would explain what they mean.

Overall, it doesn't change my opinion/use of this product. If it had a high rating/warning and more data I would probably look into research on it more, but for this one I don't think I will.

2 comments:

  1. As soon I saw this assignment I was very anxious to see what I would find. I really don't wear too much make up either, but I did search chapstick which I use everyday, but didn't find much either. I did search mascara just for fun, and well I am glad that I really don't use make up after I saw some of the results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I've always wanted to try that foundation but since you found out it's toxicity levels, I think I'll skip it! How do you like your colossal mascara? It didn't work for me. It was too clumpy for my lashes

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice or Leave.