Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Share and Voice: A Journey Through My Environment

For this first share and voice, I chose to post pictures that I have taken of the environment. I am very passionate about photography, and was excited to look back on the places I've been. I tried to post a spattering of old and new photos!

I took this photo during a hike through Torrey Pines, in San Diego. The trail brings you towards the ocean, and the sun was setting as we approached it. In the photo is a group of people standing on a cliff, across a canyon from me.

This is a picture of ice hanging from a branch outside my apartment building. I like it because it looks like a hummingbird to me. I took it in high school.

I love the sun rays in this one. I took it last year on my phone, from my car.
I love playing with the sun when I take photos - It usually lends some amazing light effects.

That's me IN my environment! :)
My roommate and I went out on the boardwalk behind Fitgers, then spent a couple hours exploring the amazing ice shards that had built up along the rocks. 

A shot from the same ice adventure. This is Hannah, showing off a huge ice hunk she found. 

I grew up visiting California, since I have family there. This is a shot of one of my favorite beach inhabitants! They are sticky and close up when you touch them.

Taken at Soundset two years ago. Meant to shoot the rainbow, and got a peace sign as a bonus!


Took the two above on a photo excursion for a photography class my freshman year. 
My roommate and I went up to Hawks Ridge - my mom's old college roommate lives up there (the awesome house in the background of the 2nd photo).


Lastly, and old crumbled castle I found in Duluth. I'd love to share it's location, but I haven't been able to find it again...

If you happen to stumble upon it, let me know! I'd love to visit again.


That's all I am going to add - I could post a bajillion pictures, but I wont. 
I don't have many/any pictures of environments that are in danger or dirty. But, I'd like to start looking out for that. 









5 comments:

  1. Wow, very nice pictures Sierra! I too love taking pictures and I can definitely see that you have a passion for it :) I really like the photo with the sun rays coming down, can't believe that was taken from your phone! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some great pictures that you have taken. You are a great photographer. I can't wait to see more of your pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are some great pictures. You sure have seen a lot of neat things. Hopefully you can share more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing photos! What do the photos mean to you? How does photography allow you to connect with nature? What can we learn from this?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you everyone!

    To me these photos are a way for me to capture a small moment or place that I've experienced, and share it with others. And revisit later for fun or for a project. Looking at photos of places or things that bring back good memories is a proven stress-reducer too! Photos just make me happy!
    I'd say, even if you don't want to take physical photos like I do, to at least take mental ones. Turn your eyes into cameras when you are out - look for beautiful angles and sun rays that get your creativity flowing :)

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice or Leave.