Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Reflection: Weeks 8-14



  
The two photos above are of my junking project, which ended up being one of my favorite assignments.  I bought a bottle cutter online, then cut wine bottles!  I'm making different parts of them into different things - candle holders, wine glasses, drinking glasses... it's been really fun!
I liked that we focused on junking and re-purposing.  I think it's really fun, and it's an easy way to do a lot of good for the environment!
Visiting Goodwill was awesome.  Before this class, I had no idea that there was so much going on behind the scenes.  It makes me that much more willing to drive down there when I have donations.  I also got a nice laugh from the huge, smushed cube of stuffed animals we passed during our tour - kind of terrifying to my inner child though!

I really enjoyed the second half of this semester - and man did it fly by!  Doing the Share & Voices were fun because we had more freedom to get creative with our subject, and research new things!  All of the ones I read were really cool.  The photo essay was possibly my most favorite assignment we did, because it is totally "me", haha.  It was interesting to see what everyone else chose to do theirs on too!

The advocacy project was a little more challenging, for a couple of reasons.  Firstly, I chose a subject that I didn't know much about, so that forced me to research is a lot more.  I'm glad that it turned out that way, but it was still kind of hard sometimes.  And secondly, because I don't know much about politics and government, so making a list of our political leaders took a while (and a lot of Googling).

All-in-all, this was one of my favorite classes I've taken at UMD.  I learned so much, and something sparked in me that makes me want to change my habits, along with other people's.
Thanks so much for the great time and knowledge! :)

Good luck with finals guys! Remember:
OR..
Whichever one helps you ;)

3 comments:

  1. I also learned alot when it came to the advocacy projects. I had to do much research on my topic as well, but at least I'm more informed now.
    I love all of the pictures that you've shared through out the semester also! Keep up with the green actions and photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. I also had a little fun doing the share and voice's.
    I think for finals i'll try to "keep calm and carry on" Thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good reflection and I really liked how a lot of your posts had to do with getting outside. I feel like this is really important for children now days. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Be Nice or Leave.